Wednesday, March 18, 2009

John 7:16

“So Jesus answered them and said, ‘My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me.’ (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“So Jesus answered them and said, ‘My teaching (didache: doctrine, instruction) is not Mine, but His who sent Me.’

SUMMARY

So Jesus answered them and said, “My teachings, doctrine and instruction are not Mine, but His who sent Me.”

MEDITATION

I catch a lot of flack sometimes for saying the things that I do. No one likes to hear that the way they are living might actually not be what they thought it was. I am encouraged with the words of Jesus as He was not interested in whether or not people received His message. How was this so? Was He cold-hearted or disinterested in them personally? Of course not. He saw the greater purpose. His message was His Father’s message. His message was upheld and defined by Jehovah God and if anyone had issue with it, they could talk to Him about it. I am slowly adopting this same approach in my life. My message is not my own. My agenda is not my agenda. I am one who has been sent and has been given a message to proclaim. Today, I encourage you to only speak the Father’s message and opinions, without any thought of result or consequence. I believe that the Body of Christ will be a whole lot better off for it if we do.

No comments: