Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Proverbs 7:4

“Say to wisdom, ‘You are my sister’, and call understanding your intimate friend.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Say to wisdom (chokmah: skillfulness, shrewdness, prudence), ‘You are my sister’ ('achowth: together with, in relationship with, intimate connection), and call understanding (biynah: wisdom, knowledge, discernment) your intimate friend (mowda`: kinsman, kinswoman, relative).”

SUMMARY

Say to wisdom, “I will be intimately connected with you” and call understanding, knowledge and discernment your intimate relatives.

MEDITATION

I know plenty of people who I consider to be wise, in worldly qualities and knowledge. On the other hand, I know quite few that are likewise in the realm of spiritual matters. I believe that it is time we all assess who and what we partner with in our Christian walk. Today, I choose to be intimately connected with wisdom and call understanding and discernment my close relatives. It is a choice that is to be made, in every situation. One can only possess godly wisdom by walking according to the Spirit. Today, would you join with me in doing just that? May we, the Body of Christ, walk hand in hand with wisdom as our intimate friend.

No comments: