Monday, March 30, 2009

Psalm 30:10

“Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Hear (shama`: hearken, understand, discern, perceive), O LORD, and be merciful (chanan: be gracious, supplication, pity, show favor) to me; O LORD, be my help (`azar: helper, support).”

SUMMARY

Please hear and understand me O LORD, be gracious to me and show me favor; O LORD, I need You to be my helper and support.

MEDITATION

Today I read the news headlines and see nearly the entire world going their own way. It saddens me so, it really does. I cannot help but feel the heart of God when I see the masses willingly defying Him and reveling in their flesh and all that this earth has to offer. This is not about condemnation, this is about facing the fact that we are a people in need of mercy. Would you join me today in pleading for God’s mercy to fall upon mankind? LORD, we are Your beautiful creation yet we have abandoned You, show us pity and be gracious. Pour out Your mercy today, though undeserving are we all. LORD, show us compassion and draw men unto Yourself for without You, we have no hope.

No comments: