Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nehemiah 8:10b

“The joy of the LORD is your strength.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“The joy (chedvah: rejoicing, gladness) of the LORD is your strength (ma`owz: fortress, rock, place of safety, protection, refuge, stronghold).”

SUMMARY

The joy and gladness of the LORD is your rock and fortress, your place of safety and strength.

MEDITATION

If the joy of the LORD is our strength, then one can also assume that one who lacks the joy of the LORD also lacks strength. Joy is deeper than feelings or emotions and is not about whether you smile all the time or not. It is a state of resting in the Father and being elated in the fact that He chooses to reside with you. I am truly heartbroken for those that I see who have seemingly allowed the dark and depressing things of the world to run off their joy. In good things, in gladness, in my rejoicing I reside in the LORD’s protection and safety – He is my fortress. I personally believe that in this place of refuge, joy abounds because I am literally protected from all of the sadness and depressions of life for He is my fortress. Today, be filled with rejoicing! Be overwhelmed with gladness! Keep your gaze above for the LORD is your strength and refuge.

No comments: