Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Psalm 46:7

“The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“The LORD of hosts (tsaba' or tseba'ah: war, armies, battle, service, appointed time, warfare, soldiers, of whole creation) is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold (misgab: defense, refuge, high tower, high fort, secure height, retreat). Selah.”

SUMMARY

The LORD of the armies, appointed times and all creation is with us; the God of Jacob is our high tower and defense.

MEDITATION

Where do you run when tumultuous times come your way? It had better be where you are already residing – the solace and security of the LORD. It is time to establish our dwelling in His mighty hand. I know where I physically dwell because I return to this house each and every day. I eat here. I sleep here. I reside here and it is my earthly solace. It is likewise in the spiritual. I choose to reside in the LORD. He is my security and my high tower. Moment by moment I willingly choose to go to Him and dwell in His presence. Today, assess where you dwell. Be assured that your refuge is in the mighty hands of the LORD.

No comments: