Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Psalm 61:4

“Let me dwell in Your tent forever; Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Selah.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Let me dwell (guwr: sojourn, remain, abide, dwell in, dwell with, inhabit) in Your tent ('ohel: tabernacle, dwelling, covering, habitation) forever; Let me take refuge (chacah: trust, hope in, protection) in the shelter (cether or cithrah: secret place, hiding place, covering, protection) of Your wings (kanaph: skirt, borders, ends). Selah.”

SUMMARY

I will dwell and remain in Your habitation forever; I will trust and hope in the covering and protection of Your wings.

MEDITATION

As one who grew up in the Midwest, I was very familiar with tornadoes blowing through each and every summer. When the sirens would sound, there was no question or debate about what should be done – we all sought shelter. The reality is that there is likewise an ongoing spiritual battle all around us and one must deliberately choose where to dwell. My desire is to approach everything that I do seated in the covering of my Father. It is not a cowering in fear and wait dwelling but rather a place of strength and victory! Today, assess where you’re seated and seek to be found under the shadow of His mighty wings.

No comments: