Sunday, March 15, 2009

1 Thessalonians 5:3

“While they are saying, ‘Peace and safety!’ then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape." (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“While they are saying, ‘Peace and safety!’ then destruction (olethros: ruin, destroy, death) will come upon them suddenly (aphides: unawares, unexpected, unforeseen) like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape (ekpheugo: flee, seek safety in flight)."

SUMMARY

While everyone is saying all is well, destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not be able to flee and find safety.

MEDITATION

I had yet another dream last night where the LORD is urging me to prepare for what is to come. Much is stirring right now among Believers as several well known Christian leaders share what they feel is on the horizon for this nation and the world. Some state that judgment and wrath are coming and others feel it is all unnecessary fear and panic. I personally view it like this. If I have been given the foreknowledge of things to come and I do not inform and warn others, then it I am a fool. People will believe what they will. I will turn my gaze and my ears to the heavens. I will watch. I will pray. I will hear what my Father is speaking of tomorrow’s events and declare it as so without wavering. My charge is for you to go to the Word to form your own view on the matter. You hear, you see. Only then will one truly know what the Spirit is truly saying in this hour.

No comments: