Friday, May 22, 2009

Psalm 63:8

“My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“My soul clings (dabaq: follows hard, joined, stays with, pursues closely, cleaves) to You; Your right hand upholds (tamak: retain, grasp, held, support) me.”

SUMMARY

My soul is joined to you, I pursue You closely; Your right hand holds and supports me.

MEDITATION

At times we lose sight of our frailty. Perhaps we face sickness or some other occurrence that brings us back to reality – we are a fragile people upheld by the very hand of God. You do know this, right? I am incapable of even drawing a breath without the love and care of my Father. He upholds me and I will cling to Him. Today, see your reliance upon your Creator. Just as He breathed the first breath of life into our earthly father, Adam, He continues to sustain our every breath today. Praise be to Him for life.

No comments: