Saturday, May 16, 2009

Psalm 109:26

“Help me, O LORD my God; save me according to Your lovingkindness.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Help me, O LORD my God; save (yasha`: deliver, help, preserve, defend, rescue) me according to Your lovingkindness (checed: mercy, kindness, goodness, favor).”

SUMMARY

Help me, O LORD my God; defend and deliver me according to Your mercy and goodness.

MEDITATION

This verse always encourages me. I have not experienced salvation based upon anything I have ever done or ever will do. I have not been delivered because of any works of my hands. It is absolutely all based upon His kindness and favor. No man would ever stand before the LORD based upon their own merit. Today, rejoice in the fact that we have been rescued by a loving God Who moves on our behalf - based upon Who He is, not upon what I have or have not done to earn it.

No comments: