Thursday, May 21, 2009

Psalm 25:5

“Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Lead (darak: walk, lead forth, guide) me in Your truth ('emeth: truly, right, assured, established, faithful, verity, firmness, faithfulness, reliableness, divine instruction) and teach (lamad: learn, instruct, diligently, skillful, train) me, for You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait (qavah: look for, hope, expect, lie in wait for, longingly wait for) all the day.”

SUMMARY

Lead and guide me in Your established faithfulness and truth; Instruct and train me, for You are the God of my salvation; For You I longingly wait for all the day.

MEDITATION

When was the last time any of us were willing to wait upon the LORD all the day long? Oh how we fall short. Thankfully, God is gracious and full of compassion for us. But that does not excuse us from pursuing more of Him. In order to be led and taught truth, one must place his or herself in the presence of the Teacher. Today, turn everything off that distracts and listen to your Father. The question is never is He speaking, but are we listening?

No comments: