Monday, May 25, 2009

Isaiah 26:3

“The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“The steadfast (camak: upheld, put, sustained, established, supported) of mind (yester: imagination, purpose, intellectual framework) You will keep in perfect peace (shalowm or shalom: well, welfare, prosperity, safe, health, completeness, tranquility, contentment), because he trusts (batach: confidence, secure, bold, careless, hopes) in You.”

SUMMARY

The one who is established and steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect safety, health and peace, because he has placed his confidence in You.

MEDITATION

Do you walk in perfect peace? I don't. There are still times that I find myself rattled and distracted by events around me. This means that I have yet to place my complete confidence and trust in the LORD. Today, may we surrender our every moment to the LORD, with the mind of Christ as our goal. LORD, we place our trust in You alone.

No comments: