Tuesday, May 12, 2009

John 10:11

“I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“I am the good (kalos: better, honest, beautiful, handsome, excellent, eminent, choice, surpassing, precious, useful, suitable, commendable, admirable) shepherd (poimen: he to whose care and control others have committed themselves, and whose precepts they follow; the presiding officer, manager, director), and I know (ginosko: perceive, understand, acquainted with) My own (My sheep) and My own know (ginosko: perceive, understand, acquainted with) Me.”

SUMMARY

I am the most suitable, excellent Shepherd and I am acquainted with my own sheep - My own sheep are also acquianted with Me.

MEDITATION

Jesus Christ alone is the excellent Shepherd. When the majority of the masses are swayed by the enticing words of others, who will hear the voice of the true Shepherd? When the wolves come in to destroy, who will follow the voice of the Shepherd that is your protection? Today, know and be known by the most excellent Shepherd, Jesus, The Christ.

No comments: