Saturday, May 9, 2009

Isaiah 40:29

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“He gives (nathan: deliver, grant, yield, bring, cause, utter, send, appoint, bestow, permit, ascribe, devote, extends) strength (koach or kowach: power, might, force, ability) to the weary (ya`eph: faint, fatigued) and increases the power of the weak ('own: lacking strength, might and vigor).”

SUMMARY

God ascribes and sends power and might to the weary and fatigued ones and increases the strength of those lacking in might and vigor.

MEDITATION

When I walk with the simple knowledge that my strength and abilities are not my own, I don’t have to worry about stress and burn out. He knows I am weak and in need of Him. He is my Power, my Source. As with any power source, it is only beneficial when I am connected to Him. All that I do flows from His strength in my weakness. He is all in all! Today, allow His strength to become your only ability and source.

No comments: