Wednesday, May 20, 2009

1 John 4:11

“Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Beloved (agapetos: dearly beloved, well beloved, esteemed, dear, favorite, worthy of love), if God so loved (agapao: beloved, to love dearly) us, we also ought (opheilo: owe, be bound, one's duty, be a debtor, be indebted) to love one another.”

SUMMARY

I say to you, one who is worthy of my love, as God so loved us so dearly, we also are indebted to love one another dearly.

MEDITATION

What a challenge! Sure, I can have love for my wife, my family, my friends. Shoot, I can even show God's love to that nice cashier down at the grocery store. But what about the seemingly unloveable? What about the guy that cuts you off on your way to work? What about the one who sleeps in the park and smells of alcohol and cigarettes? We are called to love because we have been given immeasurable love. Today, make it a point to extend the love of God to all that you come into contact with in your day to day activities. One simple gesture of love just might change someone's entire life.

No comments: