Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Psalm 35:24

“Judge me, O LORD my God, according to Your righteousness.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Judge (shaphat: avenged, govern, vindicate, punish, rule) me, O LORD my God, according to Your righteousness (tsedeq: just, justice, right, righteous cause, rightness).”

SUMMARY

Govern and judge me, O LORD my God, according to Your justice and righteousness.

MEDITATION

How thankful we should be that God doesn’t judge us according any other righteousness than His own! If we ever tried to approach Him on our own, we would never be able to enter His perfect presence. When one gives His life to Christ and is born from above, he takes on the righteousness of God and is therefore deemed “acceptable” in His sight. What an incredible exchange! My filthy rags for His righteousness! Today, praise Him for being the fair, holy and perfect Judge.

No comments: