Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Isaiah 42:9

"Behold, the former things have come to pass, now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you." (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

"Behold, the former things have come to pass (bow': to go, to bring to pass), now I declare new (chadash: fresh) things; Before they spring forth (tsamach: grow, spring up, bud, sprout, grow up, grow abundantly) I proclaim (shama`: publish, understand, show, declare, tell, cause to hear, report) them to you."

SUMMARY

Look and see, the former things have gone, now I declare fresh and new things; before they even begin to grow, I show them to you.

MEDITATION

Last night, I attended a public concert where, a few rows in front of me, a lady was using a 1980’s era VHS camcorder. The thing was huge and so out-dated, I couldn’t believe that it even worked! I got to thinking about the spiritual metaphors of using such an old item. Of course it will still record, but think of the improvements in technology that are available to us now. Spiritually speaking, I’m not talking about following the latest thing, I’m referring to walking in what the LORD is doing TODAY. If I hold on to last century’s, last year’s, last month’s, or even yesterdays move, I will be behind - I will be lacking. Today, see what new thing He is declaring now! The former things have passed away – He is making all things new!

No comments: