Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hebrews 11:1

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Now faith (pistis: assurance, belief) is the assurance (hupostasis: confidence, substance) of things hoped for, the conviction (elegchos: evidence, proof) of things not seen.”

SUMMARY

Now faith and belief is the assurance and confidence of things hoped for, the evidence and proof of things not seen.

MEDITATION

Recently, a friend told me a great story of some children that he knows who visited a nursing home. The children so believed that the people within the home would be healed and restored one asked her mother, “What will happen to this place when all of the people here get healed and go home?” I thought that this was such an incredible example of true faith! This little child was expecting what they had prayed for to come to pass, without question. It is things like this that cause me to think that I truly do need to have the faith of a child and expect my Father to do what I cannot even yet see. Today, walk in manner that dares to believe that with God, all things truly are possible!

No comments: