Saturday, December 13, 2008

John 14:18

“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“I will not leave you as orphans (orphanos: comfortless; fatherless; those lacking a teacher, guide, guardian); I will come (erchomai: come before, come forth, appear) to you.”

SUMMARY

I will not leave you on your own, without a father, teacher and guide; I will appear to you myself.

MEDITATION

What a great promise that is fulfilled each day of walking with the LORD. Whether He feels as close as your skin or somewhat distant, the promise is that He has appeared to you. When you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you. He first loved you. He is your comfort, your joy, your peace, your strength – He is… and He will not leave you as an orphan.

No comments: