Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Proverbs 24:19

“Do not fret because of evildoers or be envious of the wicked.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Do not fret (charah: kindled, hot, angry, displeased, incensed, grieved) because of evildoers (ra`a`: hurt, wickedly, worse, afflicted, wicked) or be envious (qana': to excite to jealous anger; jealous) of the wicked.”

SUMMARY

Do not become angry and grieved because of evildoers or be jealous of the wicked.

MEDITATION

I think that few would argue the fact that this world is riddled with evil and strife. But the Word encourages us to not get angry and all worked up over it. Also, here we see It telling us to be careful not to envy the wicked. Of course most would immediately state, “Well why would I ever be envious of the wicked?”, but I think we’ve all been guilty at some point in our lives of wondering why someone who lives however they want may be deemed to have “more” than we do. I won’t fret because God is in absolute control – and I won’t envy because, in Christ, what I have is incomparable.

No comments: