Monday, December 15, 2008

Mark 9:24

“Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, ‘I do believe; help my unbelief.’” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Immediately the boy's father cried out (krazo: cry aloud, cry out aloud, speak with a loud voice) and said, ‘I do believe; help my unbelief (apistia: unfaithfulness, faithless, weakness of faith).’”

SUMMARY

Immediately the boy’s father cried out with a loud voice and said, “I do believe, but help my weakness of faith!”.

MEDITATION

When Jesus encountered the father of the son who had a deaf and dumb spirit, we see this man make this interesting statement. He believed, but there was obviously also some disbelief regarding the healing of his boy. After crying out and asking Jesus to help his unbelief, the miracle of healing and deliverance came. Is it not the same for us today? Do you have faith and belief? Are you still in need of more? I sure am. Today, when something comes our way where faith is required, may we immediately cry out, “LORD, help our unbelief!”.

No comments: