Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Psalm 5:3

“In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order (`arak: array, prepare, direct) my prayer to You and eagerly watch (tsaphah:, watchman, behold, look, look up, look well, keep watch, observe).”

SUMMARY

In the morning O LORD, You will hear my voice; in the morning I will prepare and direct my prayer to You and eagerly keep watch.

MEDITATION

Recently, I checked our local weather forecast and discovered that many inches of rain were expected over the course of the upcoming forty-eight hours. Because I knew of this, I made a few preparations in advance of the rain’s arrival. Likewise, in the spiritual, we can be given an “update” as to what is to come and plan accordingly. Today, seek to hear what the Spirit is saying about what is to come. This is one of the ways that we watch and by watching, we will be ready for whatever the upcoming days bring.

1 comment:

rave.n said...

A theme that has presented itself lately is that the Spirit can reveal that something is coming but not always "what" is coming.

Several times in the past few weeks myself, and other close friends, have felt an urgent need to pray (or direct our prayers) to God alone because we know only He truly knows what is coming.