Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Psalm 30:2

“O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me." (KJV)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“O LORD (Yehovah: GOD, JEHOVAH) my God ('elohiym: judge, great, mighty, exceeding, the true God), I cried (shava`: cried out aloud, shouted - for help) unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me (rapha' or raphah: physician, cure, repaired, heal, make healthful; literal).”

SUMMARY

O Lord of everything, my personal and mighty God, I cried out loud to You for help and You have healed me, for You are the Great Physician!

MEDITATION

I'm often amazed at how prevalent sickness and disease really is. Everywhere you look people are afflicted with everything from cancer to addiction. Imagine for just a moment what this world would look like if sickness and disease didn't exist. Would it not be completely different than the world that we know? No cancer, no heart disease, no mental issues, not even the flu... everyday life would be drastically different. For me, this is yet another area where my responsibility to cry out unto God and say, "On earth as it is in heaven!" is clear. It is a sinful and fallen world that has enabled such detrimental afflictions to thrive. We must declare healing and deliverance in the name of Jesus, The Christ. Would you join with me in doing so today?

No comments: