Friday, January 30, 2009

John 10:27

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“My sheep hear (akouo: hearken, give audience, to attend to, understand, comprehend, consider) My voice, and I know (ginosko: perceive, understand, intimately acquainted with) them, and they follow (akoloutheo: join, attendant, accompany) Me.”

SUMMARY

My sheep hearken to and understand My voice, and I am intimately acquainted with them, and they join with Me.

MEDITATION

I often get asked a common question, “How does one get to a place where they hear God’s voice?”. It may also be worded “How do I know the voice of God versus the voice of the enemy?” For me, the answer lies within this verse. Let me ask you, how do you recognize the sound of your friends voices? How is it that you have memorized the chords and chorus of your favorite song so much that you recognize it immediately? You took the time to familiarize yourself with them, that’s how! Knowing this simple principle, I’ll never understand why so many Christians seem to think that their relationship with God will just somehow "magically" appear. You will know your Shepherd by staying close to Him and listening. I will say it again, one must intimately know their Shepherd to know His voice. One cannot ever follow Him unless they hear and heed. Today, position yourself to hear Him speak – we are a people in need of His guidance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent point! Love your analogies! : )