Saturday, January 31, 2009

Colossians 3:2

“Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Set your mind (phroneo: think, regard, affections, to seek, to strive for) on the things above (ano: high, upwards, above, of heaven), not on the things that are on earth (ge: land, ground, world, earthly).”

SUMMARY

Think on and set your affections toward things of heaven, not on worldly things of the earth.

MEDITATION

I could easily post this verse every morning and its significance would never get old. All that we do and the reasons why we do it is birthed out of where our thinking resides. If I have thoughts that are earth-bound, always focusing on temporal concerns, it will be hard for me to see past my immediate needs or trials. If I have thoughts that are always seeing according to the Spirit, I see the greater plan. I see with Kingdom of God vision that has no limits or bounds. Today, I encourage you to rise above your earthly circumtances and set your affections on the things above. Choose to dwell with the Most High, He is called that for a reason.

No comments: