Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Psalm 119:89

(This is a repost from the day after the elections with an updated "meditation")

“Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Forever (`owlam: everlasting, perpetual, evermore, always, continuous existence, everlasting, indefinite or unending future), O LORD, Your word is settled (natsab: stand, set up, upright, appointed, established) in heaven.”

SUMMARY

Forevermore O Lord, Your word is set up and established in heaven.

MEDITATION

On the morning of “historical change” here upon our piece of this earth, nothing has changed in Heaven. God is still in control and always will be. There is no power shift, no change of office and no "new" direction. There is one true Kingdom and the LORD alone sits on the throne – established for all of eternity. My hope, my future, my everything is in Him alone. Whether the immediate days are teeming with life or riddled with darkness, I will boast in the LORD, for He alone is King.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an excellent declaration! Awesome! And to that I say Amen ~ So be it! I am in whole hearted agreement! : ) 1000 kudos!!