Thursday, January 1, 2009

Galatians 5:16

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh." (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

"But I say, walk (peripateo: go, walk about, be occupied) by the Spirit, and you will not carry out (teleo: finish, fulfill, accomplish, pay, perform, execute, complete) the desire (epithumia: lust, craving, longing - for what is forbidden) of the flesh (sarx: carnally minded, the body; natural or physical origin)."

SUMMARY

I say to you, go forth and be occupied by the Spirit and you will not fulfill the longings and cravings of your natural man.

MEDITATION

How do you live for the LORD as a new year has now arrived? You walk by the Spirit. How do you deny your flesh and live as Christ? you walk by the Spirit. How do you begin a year that is rooted in the eternal Kingdom purposes of God? Walk by the Spirit. Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Brian said...

Hi,
I seen your "double edged sword" blog last week. I just realized that you had this one to. Awesome job. I like how you tear apart the main words to show its true meaning. That is my method of studying. I just added this blog to my blog roll. Keep up the great work of getting the word of God out to the world.

grace and peace,
brian
downpour-me.blogspot

Joel Spencer said...

Great Brian - I'm glad you found it.

The Word is truly alive!