Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Acts 13:52

"And the disciples were continually filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

"And the disciples were continually filled (pleroo: complete, made full, abounding in, liberally supplied) with joy (chara: joyfulness, gladness) and with the Holy Spirit.”

SUMMARY

The disciples were always found to be abounding with joy, gladness and the Holy Spirit (at the referred to time anyway).

MEDITATION

I've personally been challenged recently to walk in joyfulness and gladness, despite my changing circumstances. Perhaps the disciples understood something that I often do not, as I still find myself succumbing to the doldrums now and then. Today, join with me to walk continually reminded that the Holy Spirit indwells us. The LORD of all Creation has chosen to reside with us. May we learn to rise above all circumstances and be found full of joy and gladness.

No comments: