Friday, January 23, 2009

Jeremiah 17:14

“Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; Save me and I will be saved,For You are my praise.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Heal (rapha' or raphah: make healthful, physician, cure, repaired, make) me, O LORD, and I will be healed; Save (yasha`: saviour, deliver, help, preserved, salvation, avenge, give victory to) me and I will be saved, For You are my praise (tehillah: adoration, thanksgiving, renown, fame, glory).”

SUMMARY

Make me of good health O LORD, my Great Physician, and I will be of good health; Deliver and preserve me and I will be delivered and preserved, For You are the One that I adore and glory in.

MEDITATION

I’ve said this before, but can you imagine how vastly different this world would be if sickness, disease and infirmity did not exist? We are all confronted daily with sickness in some form. Despite its abounding presence, God’s desire is for us to be in good health. Sometimes I fear that many doubt their salvation as much as they doubt their healing, as scripturally, they are inseparable. Jeremiah understood that God was the Giver of salvation and healing as we see here that he correlated the two. Today, be found offering thanksgiving to the Father. Shower Him with adoration and glory! Expect healing in all areas of your life, great and small, for He is Jehovah Rapha, our Healer.

*I’d encourage you to do a word study on “salvation”, (sozo) for salvation is so much more than most realize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Sozo! I love this word! or should i say, I love the meaning of this word!