Monday, January 19, 2009

Psalm 28:1

“To You, O LORD, I call; My rock, do not be deaf to me, For if You are silent to me, I will become like those who go down to the pit.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“To You, O LORD, I call (qara': proclaim, invite, cry out, summon, invite, commission); My rock (tsuwr: strength, mighty One), do not be deaf to me, For if You are silent (chashah: still, silent, inactive) to me, I will become like those who go down to the pit.”

SUMMARY

To You, O LORD, I cry out loud and summon; my strength and rock, do not be deaf to me, for if You are silent and inactive towards me, I will become like those who go down to the pit.

MEDITATION

Have you ever been in a position where you know that if God doesn’t move on your behalf, your options are awfully undesirable? I sure have. There have been times recently where I stand at a crossroads and have a choice to make. I can surrender all of my abilities and strengths (or even lack of them) and call upon the name of the LORD, or I can just go along and "hope for the best" in my own efforts. I’ve said this here many times before - there is such great power in audibly crying out to God. Time and time again throughout Scriptures, the men of God loudly cried out to Him, and He answered. I am fully convinced that sometimes we need to exert some force behind what we are speaking. It's not about how you say it necessarily, but it is about the intensity of the heart. Today, no matter what lies before you, call out to the LORD – He is our only hope.

No comments: