Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Romans 7:15

“For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“For what I am doing (katergazomai: work, deed, perform, accomplish, achieve), I do not understand; for I am not practicing (prasso: do, commit, deed, keep, to exercise, to be busy with, carry on) what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate (miseo: pursue with hatred, detest).”

SUMMARY

I don’t understand the deeds that I’m doing, for I am not carrying out what I would like to, but I am doing the very thing that I detest and hate.

MEDITATION

Paul hit the nail on the head, did he not? How many times have you felt this way? Whether this epiphany arrives in the midst of the “doing” or after the fact, it is reality. My flesh and my spirit are not in agreement whatsoever. So what are we to do? Today, let’s stand together and tell our flesh Who is the boss. The Christ that is within me is only Lord personally within me as much as I allow Him to be. We must willfully and deliberately choose to put this flesh to death – when we do so, all of its detestable desires must go!

No comments: