Friday, October 17, 2008

Revelation 1:10

“I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard (akouo: hearken, give audience, hearer, not deaf, to attend to, consider what is or has been said, understand, perceive, comprehend) behind me a loud voice (phone [fo-nay']: sound, speech, tongue, a disclosure) like the sound of a trumpet.”

SUMMARY

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard and perceived behind me a loud voice disclosing things to me as the sound of a trumpet.

MEDITATION

Early this morning, as my wife and I walked, we heard a train coming through town. We knew from its sound which direction it was headed and that it was not stopping. It was easily discernable for the noises of everyday life had yet to start at this time of day. Is it not the same with the Spirit? Do you hear the move of the Spirit in your life? Can you assess the direction that Its wind is blowing because you’re hearing it without distraction and competition? Today, take steps to learn the voice of the LORD – and then follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh yes.."be still"

g'morning Joel.

blessings,
Harriet