Sunday, October 19, 2008

Genesis 9:12

“God said, ‘This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations.’” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“God said, ‘This is the sign ('owth: token, ensigna, signal, distinguishing mark, proof) of the covenant (beriyth: alliance, pledge, constitution) which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive (`owlam or `olam: everlasting, old, perpetual, evermore, forever) generations (dowr: all, many).’”

SUMMARY

God said, “This is the sign and proof of the pledge which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for each and every generation to come forever more.”

MEDITATION

Yesterday, my wife and I attended a family gathering where many generations were present. As I looked about the group throughout the day, I thought on how God’s plans and covenants are exactly the same for each one of them – no matter their age or experiences. He extended His mercy and love to all generations. He is not One that is able to go back on His word or be unfaithful to it. Today, realize the depth and truth that is God.

No comments: