Monday, April 6, 2009

Romans 5:6

“For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“For while we were still helpless (asthenes: without strength, weak, sick, impotent, feeble), at the right time Christ died for the ungodly (asebes: destitute of reverential awe towards God, condemning God, impious).”

SUMMARY

For while we were still sick, weak and feeble, at the right time Christ died for those who did not revere, but instead condemned God.

MEDITATION

Praise be to God for His timing is perfect. He sent The Christ as Jesus, God made flesh when we were all helpless and unable to even know of such a plan. Today, when you look around and see the ungodly ones that abound, remember that you too were once in their shoes in defiance of God and His great plan of redemption. None are too far that He cannot save. I will forever live in gratitude that He drew me unto Himself and opened my eyes to see. LORD, I thank You today for rescuing me in the midst of my weakness and despair.

No comments: