Thursday, April 30, 2009

Psalm 18:46

“The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of my salvation.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“The LORD lives (chay: living thing, alive, lively, active), and blessed (barak: salute, praised, kneel down, congratulate, adored) be my rock (tsuwr or tsur: strength, beauty, mighty One); and exalted (ruwm: lifted up, high, extoled, lofty, set on high) be the God of my salvation.”

SUMMARY

The LORD is alive and He is active, blessed and adored be my Strength for He is my mighty One; exalted and lifted high be the God of my salvation!

MEDITATION

The second I read this verse my memory went back to when I grew up singing this in “church”. Perhaps I even clapped to it once or twice when I was younger. I remember it being such an upbeat, peppy song and perhaps, on occasion, it maybe even caused a fellow church-goer to crack a smile. But I can’t help but wonder if the people really even knew what they were saying. Do we really feel that He is my rock and my salvation? It’s time we live what we sing about. The LORD is alive! He is my rock and my fortress! He really is the God of my deliverance, healing and victory! May He truly be exalted!

No comments: