Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Micah 7:7

“But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation My God will hear me.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“But as for me, I will watch (tsaphah: a watchman, behold, wait, look well, keep watch) expectantly for the LORD; I will wait (yachal: hope, trust, expect, tarry) for the God of my salvation (yesha`: safety, deliverance, rescue, prosperity, victory). My God will hear (shama`: hearken, understand, discern, perceive, listen, give heed to) me.”

SUMMARY

Bust as for me, I will be a watchman watching expectantly for the LORD; I will place my hope and trust for the God of my safety, deliverance and victory. My God will hear and listen to me.

MEDITATION

When there are disagreements or intense discussions on doctrine, Scripture interpretation or any other biblical matter, I rely on this verse. As for me, I will expectantly keep my eyes on the God of my salvation. He alone is my Source. He is my Comfort. He is my Assurance. He is my Guide and Teacher. He is my Everything. These are not mere words of clichés my friend. He is my All in All. Praise be to Him for He alone holds all of Creation in His mighty hands.
I will always choose to rest in Him and keep my gaze set upon His glorious face.

No comments: