Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Proverbs 18:22

“He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“He who finds a wife finds a good (towb: better, well, goodness, best, merry, fair, precious, beautiful) thing and obtains favor (ratsown or ratson: acceptable, delight, pleasure) from the LORD.”

SUMMARY

He who finds a wife finds a precious and beautiful thing and obtains favor and delight from the LORD.

MEDITATION

Surely I have obtained favor from the LORD! I constantly see the love of the Bride for her Husband when I see my wife. She only has eyes for me, of that I am completely assured. It always prods me to live likewise with eyes only for my Husband. As I know my LORD more, the more I long to lavish my love onto her as He does for me. Marriage is a beautiful creation by God’s very hand. Within this covenant lie countless metaphors of His intimate love for us, His Bride. Today, prepare to meet your Bridegroom. Receive His abounding love, for there is nothing like it on this earth.

No comments: