Monday, April 13, 2009

Proverbs 14:18

“The naive inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“The naive (pethiy or petha'iy: simple ones, foolish) inherit folly ('ivveleth: foolishness), but the prudent (`aruwm: sensible, crafty, shrewd) are crowned with knowledge (da`ath: cunning, perception, skill, discernment, understanding, wisdom).”

SUMMARY

The simple and foolish ones inherit foolishness, but the prudent and sensible are crowned with discernment, understanding and wisdom.

MEDITATION

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be naïve and foolish. I’m personally the type of person that questions everything and I used to have alot of trouble with that. As I've grown older, I've grown to value and appreciate this attribute. My quest to constantly seek out the truth in matters, especially regarding the Word, has radically affected my life. I believe it would do us all great good to be more prudent and sensible with what we’re taught and told in our lives. Sometimes, gaining personal knowledge is a tough task. Sometimes it requires much diligence and persistence on our part. But when I see the fruits of such knowledge, it is, without question, worth it all.

No comments: