Friday, April 3, 2009

Psalm 92:1

“It is good to give thanks to the LORD and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“It is good (towb: better, well, goodness, best, merry, fair, precious, beautiful, pleasant, excellent) to give thanks (yadah: confess, make confession, laud, praise) to the LORD and to sing praises (zamar: sing psalms, sing forth, make music) to Your name (shem: renown, fame, reputation, glory), O Most High.”

SUMMARY

It is precious, beautiful, pleasant and excellent to give thanks to the LORD, to sing and make music to Your renown and glory, O Most High.

MEDITATION

What is more beautiful and excellent than singing songs of praise to our Creator? He is worthy and due of all of my praise! I laud my wife for loving me, my friends for good things they’ve accomplished, people I do business with for their patronage… what do I offer up to my LORD? It should not even be comparable! Today, offer up a sacrifice of praise! Open up your mouth and declare His goodness with great exuberance for He alone is worthy of such confession.

No comments: