Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Psalm 25:5

“Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Lead (darak: walk, lead forth, guide) me in Your truth ('emeth: truly, right, assured, established, faithful, verity, firmness, faithfulness, reliableness, divine instruction) and teach (lamad: learn, instruct, diligently, skillful, train) me, for You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait (qavah: look for, hope, expect, lie in wait for, longingly wait for) all the day.”

SUMMARY

Lead and guide me in Your established faithfulness and truth; Instruct and train me, for You are the God of my salvation; For You I longingly wait for all the day.

MEDITATION

Truth. What a mysterious thing it is. There is what I define as truth, what you define as truth and what every other individual believes is truth. Thankfully, there is one absolute truth – God’s Truth. When one allows His Truth to guide and teach them, all other opinions and personal interests fade. Regarding the second part of this verse, we must learn to wait upon the LORD. We wait for seemingly everything else in life, yet we’re often unwilling to wait upon Him. We must see His Truth as our reality. We must wait to hear His voice before we make our next move. We must longlingly wait and expect to hear His voice! For you today, may it be as Moses stated, “LORD, I will only go forth if You go with me”.

No comments: