Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Deuteronomy 31:8

“The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you, He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“The LORD is the one who goes ahead (paniym: before and behind, face, presence, countenance) of you; He will be with you, He will not fail (raphah: feeble, weaken, idle, slack, faint, forsake, abandon) you or forsake (`azab: leave, fail, leave destitute, abandon, depart from) you. Do not fear (yare': afraid, terrible thing, dreadful, fearful, be terrified) or be dismayed (chathath: afraid, broken, affrighted, discouraged, shattered, beaten down).”

SUMMARY

The LORD is the one who is before and behind you; He will be with you, He will not become weak and abandon or depart from you. Do not be filled with dread and fearful or discouraged.

MEDITATION

Fear of flying. Fear of sickness and disease. Fear of failure. Fear of losing a loved one. Fear is surely a powerful foe that is lurking around every corner. Thankfully, this is not news to the LORD as the Word is riddled with Scriptures regarding our overcoming the realties of fear. I love the Hebrew word “paniym”. I discovered it several years ago and saw such a visual of God’s presence being literally all-encompassing me. Throughout my past, He was there. In this present moment, He is here. In all of my tomorrows, He is already there. Knowing this is a strong weapon to wield against fear, for I am not alone. In fact, I have the Lord of all Lords and King of all Kings right here with me through all things that will ever come against me. Today, place yourself within His holy paniym presence. He will never abandon you.

No comments: