Monday, February 2, 2009

Isaiah 5:13a

“Therefore My people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge.” (KJV)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Therefore My people are gone into captivity
(galah: carried away, revealed, removed, departed, led into exile, laid bare), because they have no knowledge (da`ath: cunning, unwittingly, ignorantly, unawares, perception, discernment, understanding, wisdom).”

SUMMARY

Therefore My people are laid bare and carried away, ignorant, because they have no understanding or discernment.

MEDITATION

As I look about the Body of Christ, it greatly concerns me the level of spiritual ignorance that abounds. People seem completely oblivious to the spiritual matters that are at hand, in this world as a whole and in their personal lives. I believe it primarily stems from not knowing who they are in Christ and what their responsibilities and rights are because of this reality. Also, I can count on one hand the Christians that I know that truly study the Word of God on their own. Many are being led away into captivity because they have no discernment or understanding of what is actually taking place. Today, may we, the Ambassadors for Christ be found awake and alert, full of knowledge that only the LORD can give. We must see, with unveiled eyes, the realities of the Kingdom.

No comments: