Saturday, February 28, 2009

Exodus 33.14

“And He said, ‘My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest.’” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“And He said, ‘My presence (paniym: face, countenance, before and behind, person) shall go (yalak: walk, come, follow, proceed, move) with you, and I will give you rest (nuwach: set down, lay, quiet, remain, settle down).’”

SUMMARY

And He said, "My face that is before and behind you shall move with you, and I will cause you to settle down and rest."

MEDITATION

For some people, resting is a tough, painful task. Sitting still and quieting oneself is not always as simple as it sounds. We all have agendas, responsibilities, expectations and necessary things we must do in order to live life. One of the main things we must do however is rest. Moses was told this verse in the midst of a great responsibility on his shoulders. Without the LORD’s help, he surely would not have been able to go on with the Israelites. Today, see the importance of your resting in the Father. He desires to move with you and bring you into a place of rest that only resides in His care.

No comments: