Monday, February 16, 2009

Isaiah 26:3

“The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“The steadfast (camak: upheld, put, sustained, established, supported) of mind (yester: imagination, purpose, intellectual framework) You will keep in perfect peace (shalowm or shalom: well, welfare, prosperity, safe, health, completeness, tranquility, contentment), because he trusts (batach: confidence, secure, bold, careless, hopes) in You.”

SUMMARY

The one who is established and steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect safety, health and peace, because he has placed his confidence in You.

MEDITATION

I must confess, when I read this verse, I immediately see that I do not completely trust in the LORD. My mind is not completely established and upheld and I don’t walk 24/7 in perfect peace. In fact, at times I question things like healing and prosperity. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not interested in becoming a millionaire. However, sometimes my mouth has to tell my thoughts what is Truth. With that being said, it should be our goal to completely place our security and confidence in the LORD. He is faithful. He is sure. He alone is the Giver of perfect peace.

No comments: