Thursday, July 3, 2008

Psalm 46:10

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." (KJV)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

Be still (raphah: let drop, abandon, relax, refrain, forsake, let go, let alone, be quiet), and know (yada`: consider, perceive ) that I am God (elohiym: judge, mighty, GOD): I will be exalted (ruwm: extolled, raised high, lifted up) among the heathen (ruwm: all nations and peoples), I will be exalted in the earth (erets: whole earth, as opposed to a part).

SUMMARY

I need to quiet myself and forsake all of the distractions of life and intently consider that God is Lord of all. He will be lifted high throughout the entire earth as the mighty God that He is.

MEDITATION

Be still? What a glorious concept! But what does that really look like? How do you daily abandon the demanding cares of this life and rest in the reality that God is exalted? If you have no idea or have just allowed busy-ness to creep in, make time today to forsake your agenda and recognize God as Lord of the entire earth.

No comments: