Sunday, July 6, 2008

Psalm 139:23

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my thoughts." (KJV)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

"Search (chaqar: investigate, seek out, examine) me, O God, and know (yada: perceive, understand, consider) my heart (lebab: inner man, mind, will, soul, understanding, conscience); try (bachan: examine, prove, scrutinize) me and know my thoughts (sar`aph: anxious, disquieting thoughts)."

SUMMARY

Examine me and consider my inner man, scrutinize me and know my disquieting thoughts.

MEDITATION

Do you really desire to have God deeply examine your inner man? What will He find when He looks there? He does look there if you ask Him. Are you walking in a close enough relationship with Him where He can try and prove you? And are you confident that once He has tried and proven you, you will be found pleasing in His sight in what He has found? Take time today to search your inner man and see what may be found there.

No comments: