Thursday, July 24, 2008

John 10:11

“I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“I am the good (kalos: better, honest, beautiful, handsome, excellent, eminent, choice, surpassing, precious, useful, suitable, commendable, admirable) shepherd (poimen: he to whose care and control others have committed themselves, and whose precepts they follow; the presiding officer, manager, director), and I know (ginosko: perceive, understand, acquainted with) My own (My sheep) and My own know (ginosko: perceive, understand, acquainted with) Me.”

SUMMARY

I am the most suitable, excellent Shepherd and I am acquainted with my own sheep - My own sheep are also acquianted with Me.

MEDITATION

Intimacy with Jesus - the goal, purpose and definition of our salvation. If you don't have intimacy with the Shepherd, I hesitate to believe that you've ever truly encountered Him for all that He is. Today, seek above all else to get to know the voice of your Shepherd. Learn how He moves, how He leads. Develop an intimate following of Him today.

No comments: