Friday, July 18, 2008

Psalm 148:13

“Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Let them praise (halal: glory, boast, commend, celebrate; make a fool of oneself, act madly) the name of the LORD, For His name (shem: renown, fame, reputation, glory) alone is exalted (sagab: high, excellent); His glory (howd: honor, majesty, beauty, comeliness, splendor) is above earth and heaven.”

SUMMARY

Let all of Creation celebrate foolishly the name of the Lord, for His renown alone is excellent; His majesty and splendor is above every other thing.

MEDITATION

As my wife and I walked this morning, I quietly marveled at how the birds sing each and every morning at sunrise. As the light barely begins to appear on the horizon, they’re awakened and begin to move about, singing. Without a doubt, I believe that they’re praising God. I felt so convicted as I reflected on how many a morning comes and goes that I wake up and start my day without praising Him. Will I, one who has personally experienced the joy of the Lord’s salvation, be out-praised by the rest of Creation today? Will you?

No comments: