Saturday, July 5, 2008

John 15:19

“If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.”

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“If you were of (ek: from, out of) the world (kosmos: world governement, order), the world would love (phileo: approve of; like; treat affectionately or kindly, welcome, befriend) its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose (eklegomai: to pick out) you out of the world, therefore (touto: because of, for this cause) the world hates (miseo: pursues with hatred, detests) you.”

SUMMARY

If I were still living according to the order of this carnal world, I would be approved of and befriended by it. Because God picked me up out of this world, it pursues me in anger and detests me.

MEDITATION

Am I living a life worthy of Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for me? Am I ruffling feathers and going against the grain? Do I find myself being agreed with by nearly everyone that I come in contact with or am I pursued and detested by the world? If I’m the man of the hour here on earth, then, according to this Scripture, I am still of the carnal world. Stand up and stand out today! Proclaim the Lordship of Jesus Christ without wavering!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Joel. Reminds me to never get so comfortable that I "fit in" to the crowd, even the crowd of believers in Jesus. If I see there is no longer any challenge to what I say, I'd better check and see if I am courting the world.

Anonymous said...

the time is so short..I'd better be different..and make a difference...if not I WILL answer for that.

thanks for your constant challenges and heart for God's Truth Joel.

Harriet