Sunday, November 16, 2008

Proverbs 19:27

“Cease listening, my son, to discipline, And you will stray from the words of knowledge.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“Cease listening (shama`: hearing, hearkening, obeying, understanding), my son, to discipline (muwcar: instruction, correction, chastisement), And you will stray (shagah: err, wander, be deceived, sin through ignorance, go astray) from the words ('emer: sayings, utterance, promise, commands) of knowledge (da`ath: perception, skill, discernment, understanding, wisdom).”

SUMMARY

Stop hearing and obeying instruction and correction, and you will wander and be led astray from knowledge, perception, understanding, discernment and wisdom.

MEDITATION

I believe why so many have such a distorted view of God is because they’ve never seen Him as Father. I remember how everything began to change regarding my view of God when I began to see how He loved me as a proud Father. His disciplines are now viewed as actions of His love, not ones rooted in His anger. I personally think that most Believers have little, if any, understanding of God, the loving Father. He chastens, He corrects, He disciplines - all for a greater purpose. We must forsake the old mindset of God angry on a throne emitting bolts of lightning whilst angrily looking upon mankind. We were created out of His perfect agape love. He is love. He is Father. Listen to His voice and welcome His disciplines today.

No comments: