Friday, November 7, 2008

1 Corinthians 2:1

“And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.” (NASB)

STRONGS HEBREW/GREEK ORIGINS

“And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority
(huperoche: elevation, pre-eminence, superiority, excellence) of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony (marturion: witness) of God.”

SUMMARY

And when I came to you brothers, I didn’t come with a superior and elevated speech or wisdom, as I proclaimed my witness and testimony of God to you.

MEDITATION

You know why Paul’s words were so powerful? Because they were about his own personal encounter with the LORD! It is so encouraging to me to know that my role as a Believer doesn’t require me to memorize 12 steps to evangelism or always have the perfect responses ready in case I’m asked about the LORD. My job, if you will, is to daily walk more intimately with my Father. Here, all wisdom, all knowledge, all preparedness flows from! Yes, we are to study, yes we are to grow in wisdom, but we can never allow it to be our main source or confidence. My hope is in my relationship with the Creator! In Him I am confident and sure! Is your relationship with Him so close today that you can rely on personal experience alone to speak of Him?

No comments: